Monday, November 21, 2011

I choose crazy

This is shaping up to be a crazy November, and I'm saying that as a person who has actively sought crazy Novembers since 2007.  Normally it's crazy because of the writing.  The rest gives.  This year it's crazy because of the moving.  And the writing.  Because of the moving, anything that gives in November I will have already done for the last time in Seattle.  That's why I tried out Pathfinder Society at The Dreaming this week.  Normally that would have been a crazy thing to do in November.  It's still a crazy thing to do in November, but it's also an impossible thing to do in December, so I chose crazy.

Likewise it would have been sane to let my jujutsu training lapse this month in light of NaNoWriMo, except I just started this year, and I'm just now feeling like I started to make progress.  Also, I like it, and I like the people, and I don't want to blow them off.  So I'm still doing that twice a week.

As consequence I'm about 7,000 words behind with this year's novel, which I think is the farthest behind I've ever been, barring the two years I started and gave up after a couple of days.  Naturally, I don't want to fail.  At anything, though.  So I don't know if something is going to have to give.

Also, Girlfriend is coming back for Thanksgiving, and that's exciting.  I wonder how much I'm going to want to write while she's here, though.  Lately I've been spending whole weekends either writing or putting writing off.  (Ironically, this counts as putting writing off, but I've promised you, faithful readers.)

I am as nervous as a [too nervous to come up with a metaphor] about the move.  I'm going to be okay.  I mean, more things will have to go wrong for me to have reason to actually worry.  Even so, I'm moving across the country to be with my girlfriend.  I have a job here, and not one there.  I know here, and I don't know there.  So it's a little crazy.  But, among other things, do I want to die having never done anything even a little crazy for love?

Okay, I need to stop, because that was 369 words I just wrote that won't count toward my novel.  NaNo-Ho!

That was awful.  My apologies.

1 comment :

  1. Yay crazy. Crazy is good, every once in awhile, if for no other reason than to really make you appreciate the non-crazy times - and because sometimes, those risks you take for the things you really care about pay off in spades.
    Go nuts!

    ReplyDelete