Sunday, March 25, 2012

"Blog grist" is a thing now

Urgh. I'm (re)discovering that it's harder to have something interesting to say every week when you have a regular job which doesn't, itself, furnish material. Unfortunately the creative writing has to slow down a bit to make room for the paid work.

As if I wasn't feeling somewhat uncreative, one of my friends is currently putting the finishing touches on a new human being. Or perhaps... just a first draft? There is a lengthy revision and expansion process which she and her co-author have not begun yet.

Truth be told, I don't really have much to say about this week. Everything of any interest has been either freelance work or politics, neither of which I want to make blog grist.

My personal Skyrim meta-narrative is becoming kind of existential and depressing. Having traveled the length and breadth of the land, from Windhelm to Markarth, and beyond the edge of the world at Winterhold, my hero has found no cause or person worth fighting for.

No comments :

Post a Comment