Sunday, November 11, 2012

NaNo update Mo

NaNoWriMo is on, and every year is a new adventure. This year I'm freelancing, which means managing my own time. It also means that instead of just having to write one thing, I have to write several, some of which I'm getting paid for. So, I confess, I'm quite a bit behind this year. Of course every year I have my birthday to throw me off. In fact, every year I'm behind pretty much until the end.

I decided to go back to my Arthuriana. It's taking some time to get back on track with it, which I actually hadn't anticipated. I had forgotten just how long it's been since I wrote the installment that came last in the continuity--what I wrote last year (and finished belatedly) was more of a prequel.

Sigh. Things got complicated, and I forgot them. I really should have spent October reading my own book.  The good news is that it's mostly come back together now, and I've got some plot going again. I've had to stop dropping hints to Girlfriend about what I have in store for my alpha couple, because of the anguished sounds she makes. "You know how this is going to end!" I told her.

Meanwhile, on Friday we went to see Skyfall, which was a worthy investment of our time. It's not quite good all the way through, but it's surprisingly good for the first and last third, which made the whole experience very satisfying. In fact, quality-wise, the structure of the last three Bond movies is somewhat recursive.

I tried to go deeper into that thought, but I really shouldn't. It's silly.

No comments :

Post a Comment