Saturday, February 23, 2013

I will be brief

Reading and writing continues. I just cleared a section of Hengist and Undine that I think was much improved by being gone over once more. I've also noticed that at some point I stopped finding it painful to re-read my own writing. I think this means I've grown as a writer.

Besides trying to edit down Shakespeare, I'm reading Patrick Rothfuss' The Wise Man's Fear. Like its predecessor, it's quite enjoyable. However, if I didn't want to beat Kvothe unconscious with a pool noodle before, I would now, and since I did before, now I want to do it twice. The reason is the same as before--Denna--only more so. More and more so.

Oh well. This is what happens when we get invested in characters. I should be so lucky as to inspire such frustration. Through my fictional characters, I mean. I've got people lined up around the block to beat me unconscious with pool noodles.

I went to the library today (with Girlfriend, who had to return books) and picked up Rashomon, which admittedly is not a book but a movie. I had to stop myself from looking down on myself as one of those people who only goes to the library to borrow free movies, reminding myself that the reason I don't take out books is that I have too many books at home that I still haven't read.

No comments :

Post a Comment