Saturday, October 19, 2013

More ways to keep an idiot in suspense

As problems with the house go, clogged drains aren't so bad. At least it's something I have experience with. (One might call my experience with clogged drains "extensive.") With an apparent dearth of mice and cockroaches for the past week or so, I started showering in an inch of standing water for a change.

Anyway, Girlfriend and I went looking for some sort of product with which to unclog the clogged drain. One of Drano's iterations made a promising claim:
(Sorry it's blurry.) If it doesn't work the first time, it's free! You don't see claims like that very often these days. But where does that cute little asterisk lead?

I expected a block of legalese, but I found something more modern.
Well that makes sense.

Anyway, we didn't go to drano.com right away. It's not like this is so expensive that you necessarily chase down the possibility of a refund, anyway.

Since I'm blogging about this, you may have guessed that the stuff didn't clear our clog. I did ultimately go to drano.com, where I found this again:
I wonder where that asterisk leads?
I see...

No comments :

Post a Comment