Sunday, June 28, 2015

A short post-vacation something

As I lay down for a post-church nap today, I had (what I felt at the time was) a great idea for a blog post. I assured myself that I would remember it when I woke up. I'm sure I've lost many ideas this way.

There are two reasons I didn't have a post up last Sunday. The first is that I spent last weekend at a house in another state where I had access to most of my friends but not the internet. That's only half an excuse, though, because I had meant to post this video as a filler and instead I, um, didn't.

Anyway you might have seen this already because it's not new, but Neil Gaiman (noted fantasy author who writes whatever the hell he wants, mostly) and Kazuo Ishiguro (noted literary author who also writes more or less whatever the hell he wants) got together recently on the radio and talked about the breakdown of genre boundaries. If you've got 10 minutes it's worth a listen.

No comments :

Post a Comment