Monday, December 19, 2011

On the verge of attempting something cool

Curses! Late again! This time I'm afraid I just forgot.

This week has involved some "adventures" with health insurance. Washington's extensive laws on the matter had made me complacent, it seems. Getting insured when you're beset with as many abbreviations as I am is much harder in Maryland. Perhaps it would be less frustrating if I could be indignant about it, but it just sort of underscores how preposterous... ah, never mind. My politicometer is beeping at me, and I'd rather talk about something else anyway.

Last night and today I all but finished an adventure pitch to send to Paizo. Writing for the Pathfinder Society would be pretty cool. The tale I have in mind is one of intrigue and tense adventure, but could also just be about four to five armed psychopaths cutting and scorching a swath through a succession of deadly obstacles. It's important to account for different play styles, I think. I hope to send the pitch tomorrow, after having another human being or two look it over.

If they don't pick it up, I'm considering publishing on my own. Preliminary research suggests that that can be done without litigious depantsing.

1 comment :