Saturday, October 27, 2012

Avant le déluge

Why am I still sick?

It's getting less amusing. I guess it was never amusing, since it started with me throwing up in bed. Or, possibly, I got sick and got better briefly, and this is the sequel; but if it is a sequel, it's a sequel like The Two Towers, and was in post-production while the first installment was in theaters.

I think there's something to the sequel theory. A lot of the plot points have changed, and the original villain has been replaced. Fatigue and coughing aren't nearly as intimidating as nausea. Which is a negative for a movie but a positive for an illness.

I might be staying home from judo if promotionals weren't next week. As it is, I've still got things to learn, so I go. Specifically, I'd really like to learn how to do this before the test:


It's hard!

If those problems aren't immediate enough, we've got some kind of Voltron hurricane aimed at the upper east coast, throwing people into a panic. I mostly expect that the impending doom is overhyped, but I did buy water and matches today.

NaNoWriMo is approaching fast. I've had some breakthroughs talking to Girlfriend about her story, but I haven't actually figured out what I'm doing. I could continue with Myrddin, although that story is getting too big to write in one-month increments at a one- or two-year interval without producing major plot holes. I could also do something in the fantasy world that spun off from the D&D campaign that everyone seemed to like, but I haven't gotten a handle on the characters yet. I've also considered a sort of Lovecraft-inspired modern thingamajig, but I don't think I could ramble well enough to NaNo if I wrote in a modern idiom.

No comments :

Post a Comment