Saturday, October 13, 2012

Not being up to it

Grumble grumble. Still sick. Just barely, but just enough. For a while now I have been vacillating over whether to compete in a judo tournament my club is holding a mile from my house. I hoped to fight, but then this flu or what-have-you happened, and I spent the two weeks ahead of the tournament convalescing instead of getting my act together. So my act is not together, which is disappointing. However, when I went down to the venue yesterday to help lay the mats out, and doing that made me dizzy, I felt justified in passing this tournament up. But, bah. I am frustrated.

At Thursday's judo practice we had some mock matches to prepare people for the upcoming tournament. The experience made me more determined to compete on some level, somewhere, because I realized that I'm awful under pressure. When my turn came up and people started watching me, the world got a little blurrier. The echoing corridors between my brain and my muscles spontaneously filled up with cotton. All this just because we were pretending for a minute that it mattered. So this is something I ought to get over, not only in judo but generally, if possible.

Projects are advancing, even if nothing got finished this week. NaNoWriMo is coming. I need to figure out what to write. (And I should finish 12 before November starts.)

No comments :

Post a Comment